When you’re searching for a scrumptious, keto-friendly, and low-carb deal with to get you thru the autumn and winter, then it’s good to strive these Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins drizzled with MCT Cream Cheese Glaze.
Additionally gluten-free and produced from entire meals like pumpkin puree and almond flour, these muffins are filled with wholesome fat, nutritional vitamins and minerals that can maintain you feeling satiated and your physique energized.
Plus this keto-friendly cream cheese glaze (which is scrumptious by the way in which) has MCT oil added to assist present a wholesome dose of fat and ketone boosting medium-chain triglycerides.
Completely excellent together with your morning espresso or for a satiating breakfast on the go, these muffins make for an incredible, late afternoon pick-me-up and are solely 4 internet carbs per serving.
Listed here are some well being advantages of the substances in these muffins:
- Pumpkin is a kind of winter squash that’s antioxidant wealthy and filled with nutritional vitamins and minerals. A nutrient dense and low-calorie meals, pumpkin is low in carbs with a very good quantity of fiber.
- Pumpkin is excessive in beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A
- Pumpkin is excessive in vitamin C which is required for improvement and restore of cells and is helpful for immunity
- Pumpkin is an efficient supply of vitamin E, in addition to folate (B9) and iron that are wanted for the wholesome crimson blood cells and wholesome immunity.
- Pumpkin can be among the best sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, plant pigments referred to as carotenoids discovered within the human eye and are believed to assist defend eye tissues from daylight injury. 
- Low in carbs, pecans have over 19 nutritional vitamins together with B1 (thiamine), folic acid (B9), Vitamin A and vitamin E.
- Pecans are a very good supply of vital minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and zinc. They’re additionally a wonderful supply of manganese and copper, that are vital for metabolism.
- Pecans are antioxidant powerhouses with twice the quantity of flavonoids than some other nut. Diets excessive in flavonoids have been related with a decrease threat of inflammatory ailments and higher weight upkeep over time. 
- Pecans are stuffed with coronary heart wholesome fat with 60% as monounsaturated and 30% as polyunsaturated fat that are believed to advertise wholesome levels of cholesterol. [4, 5]
MCTs, which stand for ‘medium-chain triglycerides’, are probably the most environment friendly kind of fat for the physique to make use of. Discovered within the highest concentrations in coconut oil, MCTs are simply and shortly absorbed and are a tremendous power supply for the physique. Not digested like different fat, MCTs get despatched straight to the liver to be transformed to ketones, the physique’s alternate supply of power that keto dieters depend on to burn fats.
A coronary heart wholesome supply of dietary fats and fast power that may assist the physique get into ketosis quicker, MCT oil provides up some nice advantages:
- It will probably assist increase ketone manufacturing within the physique 
- It’s a supply of fast power and doesn’t get saved as physique fats
- It will probably allow you to really feel fuller longer and cut back cravings. , 
- It will probably assist present a lift of power and satiation whereas fasting with out going out of ketosis.
- Research have proven MCT oil may also help with fats loss and cut back physique weight in the long run  
- An ideal supply of power for the mind, some MCT followers report it helps them with focus and psychological readability
➡ New to the keto eating regimen or confused about MCT oil? Take a look at: The Advantages of MCT Oil and Easy methods to Use It
Components You’ll Want for the MCT Cream Cheese Glaze
MCT Oil: Whereas MCT Oil is produced from coconut oil, it’s not the identical factor and its advantages are completely different. When utilizing MCT Oil, high-quality C8, C10 MCT oil is the one strategy to go. Even be cautious of any firms that promote MCT oil with added fillers, flavors or preservatives that cancel out its advantages.
For an excellent high-quality MCT oil that’s chemical free and filler free, we advise utilizing Flora Well being Natural MCT Oil.
An incredible supply of ketone boosting, helpful C8 and C10 MCTs, every tablespoon serving gives:
- 14 g whole of medium-chain triglycerides
- 7.5 g of caprylic acid
- 4.8 g of capric acid
- Constituted of 100% sustainably sourced non-GMO coconuts. Palm oil variations encourage deforestation and threaten wildlife.
- Licensed natural
- Made with none chemical substances or solvents like hexane
- Gluten-free + keto-friendly + vegan-friendly
MCT Oil Cooking Tip : The place coconut oil has a smoke level of 350 levels, the smoke level of MCT oil is even decrease at 320 levels. So cooking with it at temperatures above 320 could cause the oil to begin to degrade and lose its helpful properties.
➡ Purchase your Flora Well being Natural MCT Oil —> right here.
Cream Cheese: Use your favourite model, however make sure to soften it.
Almond Milk: This helps skinny the glaze and brings the MCT oil and cream cheese collectively. Chances are you’ll substitute heavy cream should you like.
Sweetener: We used powdered erythritol for this recipe. When you don’t have powdered, merely pop some within the blender and course of it till tremendous.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla places this glaze excessive.
Components You’ll want for the Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins
Almond Flour: Low in carbs, almond flour is a scrumptious keto pleasant flour. You’ll want to use almond flour and never almond meal. Wonderful floor and blanched is greatest.
Coconut Flour: Coconut flour helps with the feel of this recipe.
Eggs: Ensure that they’re dropped at room temp.
Pumpkin Puree: Don’t use the presweetened stuff or pumpkin pie filling. You need pure pumpkin puree.
Melted Butter: You may sub coconut or avocado oil as properly.
Sweetener: We used the brown Swerve, however white will do the trick too. Additionally any granulated, keto-friendly sweetener ought to work.
Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is greatest. That is added to each the glaze and the muffin batter.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: When you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you may simply double the cinnamon on this recipe or combine up the spices beneath to make your personal.
Fast Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons floor ginger
- 1 teaspoon floor cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon floor nutmeg
Xanthan gum: This helps enhance the feel of gluten-free baked items. It’s comparatively cheap and nice to maintain available should you’re doing quite a lot of keto, paleo or gluten-free baking recipes. When you don’t have it, simply omit it.
Baking soda and baking powder: The leaveners on this recipe. Attempt to use contemporary for greatest outcomes.
Apple Cider Vinegar: This may activate the baking soda. To not fear, the flavour doesn’t come by means of. When you don’t have apple cider vinegar use white as a substitute.
Suggestions and Methods For This Recipe
Double the Batch and Freeze: This recipe makes 12 common sized muffins. It might seem to be lots, however they freeze tremendous properly and imagine me, they received’t final lengthy. When you don’t suppose you’ll have the ability to eat all of them inside a number of days, simply freeze what you need for as much as 3 months.
Measuring Your Flour: Due to the addition of coconut flour, the batter for these muffins will likely be fairly thick. Don’t fear, that’s regular! When measuring your dry substances, simply make sure to scoop them into the measuring cups after which stage.
Whip the Glaze Easy: The MCT glaze on these muffins is actually scrumptious and can harden because it dries. However if you’re mixing it up it’s possible you’ll discover the feel will likely be clumpy when the MCT oil hits the cream cheese. With the addition of the almond milk (it’s possible you’ll want extra to skinny) it will likely be tremendous clean, creamy and are available collectively fantastically. Chances are you’ll need to regulate the glaze for sweetness relying in your desire. Permit the muffins to chill utterly earlier than glazing.
Nut Free Model: When you’re nut free, skip the pecans and check out chocolate chips as a substitute. These are nice as plain pumpkin spice muffins as properly! Eliminating the nuts will change the macros barely after all.
GET THE RECIPE!
Keto Pumpkin Pecan Muffins With MCT Cream Cheese Glaze
When you’re searching for a scrumptious, keto-friendly and low-carb pumpkin spiced taste deal with to get you thru the autumn and winter, then strive these Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins With MCT Cream Cheese Glaze! The MCT oil within the glaze will assist provide you with a wholesome increase of power and maintain you satiated between meals. Solely 4 internet carbs per serving!
- MUFFIN BATTER WET INGREDIENTS
- 1 ½ cups tremendous tremendous almond flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- MUFFIN BATTER DRY INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 2/3 cup erythritol we used Brown Swerve, might sub white or sweetener of alternative
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice if omitting double cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon xanthan gum elective
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped plus extra for sprinkling on prime
- MCT GLAZE INGREDIENTS
- 3 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Flora Well being Natural MCT Oil
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk might sub cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Fill a muffin pan with 12 paper or foil muffin liners. When you don’t have liners, merely grease the muffin pan properly.
Whisk dry in substances in a medium bowl and put aside
Whisk collectively moist substances in one other bowl. Permit the batter to relaxation for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
Scoop or spoon the combination into the muffin liners. Fill every cup to the highest.
Bake the muffins for about 22-25 minutes or till a toothpick positioned within the heart comes out clear. Whereas the muffins are baking, put together the glaze.
Take away the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool utterly. Drizzle every muffin with glaze and a bit crushed pecans earlier than serving.
Making the glaze: Whip the cream cheese after which add the opposite substances to mix. The cream cheese might get clumpy when it makes contact with the MCT oil however the almond milk will clean it out. If it’s too thick, add extra almond milk a teaspoon at a time till you attain a consistency you want. Modify sweetness to style.
Get pleasure from!
MCT Cream Cheese Glaze Vitamin Info *
Serving Measurement: 2 tsp Energy: 59 Whole Fats: 6.8g (9%) Saturated Fats: 5.6g (28%) Ldl cholesterol: 10mg (3%) Sodium: 28mg (1%)
Whole Carbohydrates: 0.3g (0%) Dietary Fiber: 0g Whole Sugars: 0.1g Protein: 0.7g Calcium: 8mg (1%)
Keto Pumpkin Pecan Muffin Vitamin Info *
Serving Measurement: 1 muffin Energy: 242 Whole Fats: 21.7g (28%)
Saturated Fats: 6.7g (33%) Ldl cholesterol: 75mg (25%) Sodium: 134mg 6% Whole Carbohydrate: 8.2g (3%) Dietary Fiber: 4.2g (15%) Whole Sugars: 1.5g Protein: 6.6g
*NOTE: Vitamin information are estimations and for informational functions solely.
Recipe Suggestions and Methods
➡ Immune Boosting Beet-Turmeric Refresher
➡ Ginger Turmeric Immune Photographs
➡ Wholesome Banana Cream Protein Shake